Monday, October 15, 2012

Yikes, it's been how long since I blogged?

For me to call myself a blog failure is a HUGE understatement. Luckily, I am not disappointing too many fans out there (hey, mom and dad). But seriously, my personal blog has been completely neglected. There are multiple reasons for that, but the two major ones are: 1-I blog every single day with my new job; 2- I haven't really been doing much blog worthy stuff.

Let me start with the first point...I LOVE my new job. I cannot even begin to describe how completely blessed I have been at my job at Pinelake. Believe it or not, I actually do blog every day for it. I think it takes all my brain power and my blog is left with nothing. Ha. But seriously, it's amazing that my job consists of talking to people about what God is doing in their lives and writing about it. Really, I get paid to do this? It's such a blessing and is amazing to see how God moves/teaches/challenges people. I am so blessed.

Next, the list of 30 things. Okay, this was a good idea and encourage every person to consider doing something like this, especially if you are a little worried about turning a certain age, whether 30 or 70. It was so fun to start a list and it gave me so much to look forward to this year. It also helps the issue of the age thing be a little subsided. However, I loved the idea of turning 30 and love being 30....we may have a problem when it comes to 31 though. But the list and the idea are awesome. My dilemma, however, is finding people to do some of this stuff with me! I get a lot of blank stares and silence when I ask stuff like, "who wants to go on a camping trip" or "who wants to go skydiving?!" I can't understand why those things don't sound fun to people. Come on now! 

So I have only a few months left in my year and a good bit of the list not completed. Don't worry though, I am determined to make these things happen. Life has just gotten in the way of enjoying life...how do you like that. One of the things that I have been working on is preparing for the half-marathon. Yes, people, I have been running. No, people, I don't enjoy it. I have always enjoyed being active and working out, but I have never enjoyed running. I want to love to run and I want to be good at it, but neither of those things have happened yet. I will go ahead and tell you that I have run the furthest I have ever run in my life and that has been pretty exciting. But I am still waiting to love it. I am running four times a week and yesterday I ran 8 miles. I won't go into the pace I'm running (would hate to show anyone up...that's complete sarcasm...I am SO SLOW!) But I am running. I am afraid December 1 will get hear to quickly, but we will see how it goes.

I have also been eating at new restaurants, but when I took this new job, I lost my lunch buddy, so now I try new places by myself. It already looks a little strange that I eat lunch alone, I think adding a camera to the situation would get really weird. So for now, pictures of food are on hold. :)

Things not accomplished and now cannot be: 
#1-Go on a mission trip to Africa. This was #1 for a reason, it was the one thing I was looking forward to the most. I have been to Africa twice, but it's been years. I love it there. The people have incredible spirits and it's just an amazing place. Another reason I was really excited to go was to serve alongside one of my best friends who is living there as a missionary. I still hope it will happen.
#5-Audition for a role at New Stage Theatre in Jackson. I just slacked on this. All of a sudden it was June, and I had no idea what monologue or song to do. So it simply passed me by (poor planning).
#16-Go to a shooting range. You won't believe it but the shooting range in town closed! I drove by the other day and saw they were going out of business. Now, I am sure there is another one around, so I will still be working on it. If I can't go to the shooting range soon, you better believe me and my daddy will be having target practice when I am home for Thanksgiving (he knows I need it). 

For the most part, I think those are the ones that may not be doable. In the mean time, I will still work on the rest and try my best to keep you updated. No, really, I will try! 

Thanks to all those who have encouraged me through this journey. And if any of you would like to participate in these activities with me, come on! 


No comments:

Post a Comment